Saturday, May 22, 2010

motorcycles

something about couples on motorcycles just intrigues me. i can't help but stare.

today, while i was on the bus, i saw a couple on a motorcycle. she was holding onto her man tightly while her man put his hands gently on top of hers, as if to reassure her that he'll make sure she's safe. the scene of a couple holding tightly onto each other zooming swiftly through the traffic just touches my heart. it's a beautiful image that shows a contrast between soft romanticism and dare-devil edgy. i wonder how invigorating it would be to hold onto someone i love and zoom past the unforgiving world filled with obstacles with only me and him on the motorcycle. how it would be like not giving a crap about anything except ourselves...how it would be like depending on my other half completely. i wonder these things, because i know i wont be able to be that reckless ever, and i know i would never be able to let go of the feeling of being in control. i know it's foolishness to be the woman in back of the motorcycle, believing her man can ensure her safety. we all know that the driver cannot ensure anyone's safety. the road is unpredictable; life is unpredictable. you'll never know if you'll slid on the next turn, if you'll flip and crash on the next obstacle... let alone you'll know that the person who you're trusting will let you off the bike unscathed.

but seeing a couple zooming past me on their motorcycle makes me feel envious and curious. they seem like they have it all. the closeness, the excitement, and blind trust i want to feel in my life.
i feel like those are elements that i need to add to my life. i need to start taking chances, start trusting people, stop doubting myself, and stop hesitating.

dear god, please give me the strength to disregard my fears that are setting me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment